A Victoria & Area SFAB Committee meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, March 8 at 7:00 PM at the Esquimalt Anglers Association clubhouse, 1100 Munro Street (at the foot of Lampson Street in Esquimalt). This in-person meeting is open to the public. Parking is free and the EAA clubhouse is upstairs in the building by the launch ramp in Fleming Beach Park.
If you cannot attend in-person and are interested to attend the meeting virtually, please contact Chris Bos (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive the log in information.
DRAFT AGENDA TOPICS:
- 2022 Preliminary Southern BC Chinook and Coho Escapement Report
- 2023 MM and MSF and proposed new pilot opportunities – status update
- 2023 SRKW Proposed Measures (Active Pass, 20-1 Juan de Fuca Strait and oversized area 20-5 closures)
- Halibut update – what measures for April 1st 2023
- SFAB Modernization – Terms of Reference status – update
- SFAC Business (realignment – membership – who can vote – code of conduct)
- Discussion – Seeking anglers help getting salmon heads turned in on hatchery fish and SRKW avoidance compliance
- DFO regional update
If you have a topic that you wish added to the agenda please contact Chris Bos (email@example.com) with topic details.
This SFAB meeting is open to the public and we encourage any local anglers interested to learn more about our local fisheries and how they are managed to come out and join us.