Chris Bos, Chair of the Victoria and Area Local SFAB Committee, has emailed regarding the next committee meeting.
The meeting is open to all anglers who fish the Canadian waters from Saanich Inlet through the Southern Gulf Islands and Haro Strait, off Oak Bay and Victoria and right out to Jordan River in the western Juan de Fuca Strait. The meeting is “in camera” as DFO staff will not be present.
It would be excellent if this meeting were well attended, as I would genuinely like to hear the feedback from many of our constituents on important fisheries issues that we faceemail from Chris Bos
|Meeting:||Victoria and Area Local SFAB Committee|
|When:||Wednesday January 19, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time (US and Canada)|
|Where:||Online Virtual Zoom Meeting|
|Link – Sign In Details:||Please email Chris Bos at Chris@anglerscoalition.com to receive meeting sign in details.|
The agenda for the meeting:
- verify what the SFAB is and can actually do
- provide a more detailed update on the SFAB modernization process
- seek feedback from SFAB constituents about what they want from the SFAB process locally
- discuss important species specific issues and prioritize them
- develop a comprehensive Victoria Committee mailing list
- discuss the need for more DNA samples from waters off of Victoria and Sooke